[Bro] Adding more bro workers

Zeolla@GMail.com zeolla at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:52:30 PST 2016

In my scenario we use a switch (specifically an arista 7150 with a Z
licence) to do symmetric load balancing to a cluster of bro sensors.  That
requires that all of my sensors have the appropriate NICs (myricoms for me).

Check out what the architecture documentation refers to as the frontend.
https://www.bro.org/sphinx/cluster/index.html#frontend

Jon

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016, 03:49 John Edwards <jedwards2728 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> As i have a standalone bro worker at the moment i am wanting to branch out
> and add more workers to the same link because of a high rate of packet loss.
>
> the worker has the fibre card receiving the direct packet stream from our
> TAP. When i upgrade to cluster mode i will be building two more systems,
> one for the management/proxy/logger and then another worker.
>
> As one worker will have the fibre card how does the worker number 2 or 3
> or 4 in the future receive traffic to assist in processing the data feed?
> is the load shared between workers that reside on the same subnet? as the
> feed from the tap is just a passive fibre feed with no routing configured
> on it.
>
> i hope each worker doesnt need to have a fibre card added into the same
> tap point.
>
> Cheers
> John

Jon