[Bro] Is this type of script is possible to create ?

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Mon Nov 28 15:02:54 PST 2016

Hi,

this is actually a bit difficult - there is a function that you can call
regularly to get you information about the number of packets/bytes that
Bro received (get_net_stats); if you call this every second or so, you can
determine traffic rates. However, it does not split things out by
incoming/outgoing connections.

Apart from that the only other idea I have is to use the packet-level
events and count things manually - however, this will have quite a
performance impact.

I might be missing an obvious solution I am not thinking about here
though.

Johanna