[Bro] BRO PKG scripts not in version 2.5

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Nov 29 11:04:32 PST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 09:36:05AM -0500, Ludwig Goon wrote:
> Are there any plans to include the pkg scripts with BRO IDS version 2.5? I
> have modified the version 2.4 pkg scripts since they were not in the 2.5
> version source code.

No, there are no such plans. The scripts were removed because we do not
use them anymore to create the binary packages ourselves, they are
untested and I think, they pretty much did not work correctly anymore at
least for some systems.

The build files that are used to create our binary packages are available
at https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:bro/bro. If you need
the old behavior, you can try to just use the 2.4 files (as you apparently
already did) - I don't think that any of us know how good/bad they work.

Johanna