[Bro] Is this type of script is possible to create ?

Hosom, Stephen M hosom at battelle.org
Tue Nov 29 12:24:28 PST 2016

Alternatively--and I have no idea what the performance impact of this would be... you could use connection polling: https://www.bro.org/sphinx/scripts/base/protocols/conn/polling.bro.html

-----Original Message-----
From: bro-bounces at bro.org [mailto:bro-bounces at bro.org] On Behalf Of Hosom, Stephen M
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:12 PM
To: Johanna Amann <johanna at icir.org>; Manmeet Gill <mgill6 at student.concordia.ab.ca>
Cc: bro at bro.org
Subject: Re: [Bro] Is this type of script is possible to create ?

You could do this with sumstats... you just have to do a bunch of math... and be happy with an average over a longer period of time. Since you only have to observe two counts, it actually wouldn't be that bad. Just observe the sum of the ip bytes based on which direction the traffic is in.... I could probably write an example script sometime tonight.