[Bro] Automated shutdown

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Oct 25 11:53:33 PDT 2016

Hello Dan,

Bro does not automatically stop when a reboot is initiated - your
operating system will probably just terminate all the processes sometime
during shutdown.

The proper way to shutdown Bro, assuming you use broctl, would be to call
broctl stop when your server shuts down. How exactly you do that depends
on your operating system.

I hope that helps,
 Johanna