[Bro] NSQ plugin getting deprecated in 2.5

Daniel Guerra daniel.guerra69 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:52:11 PDT 2016

I love kibana as a frontend and elasticsearch. In 2.4.1 it
worked fine with proportional elastic power and nginx.
When elastic is underpowered for the speed you are
creating logs its obvious to have problems (timeout)
The efficiency of elasticsearch is not so well… java.

I think its better to focus on kafka and use an elastic river.
This is how graylog works and that goes pretty well.

It would be handy to have an unique-name/type combination,
it doesn’t matter in what kind of log.
(ssh.log version, string http.log version,integer)
Every collision in this causes lots of logging in elastic.
A script sanity check would be great for this.

Maybe elastic wants to be owner of this plugin ?
Splunk also provides a bro plugin + config.

Daniel Guerra