[Bro] Protocol Analyzer

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Wed Sep 21 22:11:32 PDT 2016

Hello Ben,

the easiest way to accomplish this is probably to look into the c$service
field - if it is empty, no analyzer has flagged that it can succesfully
parse the protocol yet.

This is, however, not perfect - c$service is populated by the
protocol_confirmation/violation. Thus, it will only be set after a parser
accepts that a connection actually "speaks" a protocol; so you will
probably get the first few pacjets for every connection - see
base/frameworks/dpd/main.bro for more details.

Apart from that, you can also check Analyzer::registered_ports for ports
where Bro always tries to attach a specific analyzer.

I hope this helps,
 Johanna