[Bro] problems compiling bro 25 master on centos 6

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 04:54:11 PDT 2016

Ok, so I am following these instructions here:

https://gist.github.com/stephenturner/e3bc5cfacc2dc67eca8b

My question is, how do i make this work?

Despite explicitly stating

export CC=$pathtodevset/gcc
export CXX=$pathtodevset/g++

it absolutely refuses to honor this in config. No matter what I do, sh
configure forces the use of clang/clang++, which does not support 4.8 on
centos6. I specifically have gcc/g++ 4.8.2 installed in the devtoolset slc
environment.

I do not understand why sh configure is not honoring these explicit
environment variables pointing to a proper g++ binary.