[Bro] problems compiling bro 25 master on centos 6

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:10:22 PDT 2016

So, I get pfring "found"... but no plugin built.

(from configure)
-- Found PCAP: /opt/pfring/lib/libpcap.so
-- Looking for pcap_get_pfring_id
-- Looking for pcap_get_pfring_id - found

Why is the plugin not being built?

bro -N Bro::PF_RING
... line 1: plugin Bro::PF_RING is not available

This is the last hurdle I have to overcome. Not sure why it finds libpcap
in the /opt/pfring directory, but doesn't build the plugin.