[Bro] broctl status peers 0 / critical stack is running?

Federico Olivieri lvrfrc87 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:05:39 PDT 2016

Thanks to everyone for the answers.

So, the files are there

*root at raspberrypi:/opt/critical-stack/frameworks/intel# tail
master-public.bro.dat*
177.78.208.98 Intel::ADDR from http://lists.blocklist.de/lists/all.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
8yhn3hlvcc.centade.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/emd.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
0rx.ru Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/pha.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
5.167.64.14 Intel::ADDR from http://lists.blocklist.de/lists/all.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
jjl2au.3v2b7sh2.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/emd.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
nl.secure-update-get.org Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/emd.txt
via intel.criticalstack.com F
sekaminerva.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/psh.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
www.apple-sd-icloud.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/psh.txt
via intel.criticalstack.com F
gracemi.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/emd.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F
bitminemart.com Intel::DOMAIN from http://hosts-file.net/fsa.txt via
intel.criticalstack.com F

*root at raspberrypi:/opt/critical-stack/frameworks/intel# more __load__.bro *
@load ./feeds.bro

*root at raspberrypi:/opt/critical-stack/frameworks/intel# more feeds.bro *
@load base/frameworks/intel
@load frameworks/intel/seen
@load frameworks/intel/do_notice

redef Intel::read_files += {
"/opt/critical-stack/frameworks/intel/master-public.bro.dat"
};

Then, I have the files under file under these directories  (slightly
different from what you suggested but it should be good anyway)

/opt/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/intel
/opt/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/intel/cluster.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/intel/input.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/intel/__load__.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/base/frameworks/intel/main.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/do_notice.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/conn-established.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/dns.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/file-hashes.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/file-names.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/http-headers.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/http-url.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/__load__.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/pubkey-hashes.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/smtp.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/smtp-url-extraction.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/ssl.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/where-locations.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/frameworks/intel/seen/x509.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/collective-intel
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/collective-intel/__load__.bro
/opt/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/collective-intel/main.bro

Can you please confirm if everything is right from your point of view/ I
have tried to use Tor as indicated from the guide but I couldn't see any
intel.log file under BRO directory

Federico