[Bro] Newbie at bro, some questions

clautos sebclaut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:17:31 PDT 2016

Btw if you want to test your config add local after the bro -r tracefile.
You can also use tcpreplay and send the pcap to your listening interface.

Bro does not work as a classic IDS that will send an alert, bro, as far as
I know, will log the connexions and maybe send a notice
if there is a script telling it to do so but it's not a signature IDS like
a Snort.