[Bro] problem with two specific workers

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:16:09 PDT 2016

On second thought, I am getting in excess of 1.1 Mpps. According to Robin's
paper here,
https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/intrusion/open-source-ids-high-performance-shootout-35772,
I should be able to process about 880 kpps with 24 workers.

However, I have 20 workers and 400 gigs of ram. When I move the workers up
to 24, my box gets crushed with a load of 20, up from a load of 13-15,  and
I drop even more packets on the floor. Is the only way out of this to stand
up another box and try to use broctrl to load balance between those systems?