[Bro] Regarding Broctl cron

LinuxBSDos.com finid at vivaldi.net
Wed Apr 12 07:05:55 PDT 2017

Hello:

I've set up a cron job for "broctl cron", and verified that the cron job
runs every 5 minutes. To test that the script works, I stop and watched
for it to be restart by the script, but it's not happening.

I'm aware that the docs says the "main purpose of the BroControl cron
command is to check for Bro nodes that have crashed, and to restart
them". Though mine didn't crash, I'm expecting that the script will at
least notice that it's not running and restart it.

Isn't that how it's supposed t work?

The installation, by the way, is on Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks,

-finid-
Sent from my containerized Linux desktop