[Bro] All cluster instances are stopped yet their process is alive

william de ping bill.de.ping at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 01:32:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am encountering a strange behavior here, I have a cluster (1
manager,1proxy,8 workers) and after a while :

   - For some reason all of its instances appears as stopped
   - In the spool directory, I see an empty debug.log, manager folder and
   NO workers\tmp\proxy folders
   - Logs are still being written to the manager folder
   - All of bro's instances are actually still alive

I used to have a "broctl cron" task in crontab, but it has been commented
out

I ran Broctl using root user, and I see that all of bro's processes run as
root.

any advice on this issue ?

Thanks