[Bro] So before I upgrade (pf_ring revisit)

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Mon Aug 14 11:07:55 PDT 2017

As I recall last time around, there was a pf_ring vs. bro pf_ring plugin
thread going on a while ago.  I thought I'd revisit this since I'm going
from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1.  So..here's what I have:

https://www.bro.org/documentation/load-balancing.html
I believe the above is complete yes?  The only question I would have
answered here is what options to pass via command line.

https://www.bro.org/sphinx/components/bro-plugins/pf_ring/README.html
So THIS link is for using the plugin...this has info about starting
command line, but not via node.cfg.  I'm assuming I could use:

pf_ring::eth0

instead of interface?  Or do I just use what's in the load-balancing
link?  Additionally, what's the benefit of using one over the other
method?  Thank you.

James