[Bro] broctl startup error

Allen, Brian brianallen at wustl.edu
Thu Aug 31 05:58:55 PDT 2017

That helped!  In broctl.cfg I had to fix this line.  The single quotes were missing.

BroArgs = -f '(net 128.252.0.0/16 or net 65.254.96.0/19)’

But now when I start up the cluster (and it does start up which is good) the workers are all running at 100% which is not normal on these boxes.  Should be around 50%  That seems like pf_ring is not running, but I keep checking and pf_ring is installed and loaded.

Hyperthreading is still disabled.  That didn’t change after the upgrade.

What could have changed after the upgrade to cause the cpus to run at 100%?  I still think there is something wrong with pf_ring, but I’m not seeing it.  I just built another BRO cluster for our research network on ubuntu 14.04 servers and got pf_ring and bro running there no problem.

Thanks for your help,

-Brian