[Bro] - logging postprocessor func

william de ping bill.de.ping at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 05:24:38 PST 2017

Hello,

Anyone every experienced with setting a costume  postprocessor func to a
specific filter ?

here's what I want to do :

function rotation_postprocessor_func(info: Log::RotationInfo) : bool
        {
        # Move file to name including both opening and closing time.
        local dst = fmt("/tmp/%s.%s.log", info$path,
                        strftime(Log::default_rotation_date_format,
info$open));

        system(fmt("/bin/mv %s %s", info$fname, dst));

        # Run default postprocessor.
        return Log::run_rotation_postprocessor_cmd(info, dst);
        }

Log::add_filter(test_log::LOG,[
    $name="test_log",
    $path_func=test_log_func,
    $config=table(["tsv"] = "T"),
    $interv=100sec,
    $postprocessor=rotation_postprocessor_func,
    $include=set("ts")
    ]);

and when I run it in a cluster mode\single instance mode - I see that the
"test_log" are rotated like all the other logs, meaning that my /tmp/
folder is empty

Any ideas ?

Thanks