[Bro] Bro system requirements for 1gbps traffic

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Thu Dec 28 08:38:08 PST 2017

Hi,

no, we don't really have exact hardware requirements/specifications
outlined anywhere since this is really dependent on your traffic - and
available hardware changes all the time. Since 1GB of mixed traffic is not
really all that much I assume that you are ok with any recent hardware
with a number of CPUs and a bit of Ram (10GB or so available per Bro
process should be enough).

There are a couple of postings on this mailing list that talk about the
configuration that some people use; however the most recent one I can find
was at the beginning of 2016: http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/bro/2016-January/009481.html

Johanna