[Bro] Question about installing broker

Ren, Wenyu wren3 at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:20:59 PST 2017

Dear all,

I have problem installing Broker. I installed CAF from the source. When I tried to install Broker, I got the following error.

Build Directory : build
Source Directory: /home/rwy/Downloads/broker
-- Found CAF: /usr/local/lib/libcaf_core.so;/usr/local/lib/libcaf_io.so  found components:  core io
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:21 (message):
  Broker requires CAF version 0.14, older and newer versions are not
  supported.  Detected version: 0.15.3

See also "/home/rwy/Downloads/broker/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

It seems that Broker only support CAF version 0.14 but not any higher version. Is there a workaround for this? Or I need to find a lower version of CAF to install?

And all the examples in Broker's documents are in C. Are there any python examples to show how to use Broker in python?

Thanks a lot.

Wenyu