[Bro] Netmap plugin issue

Dave Crawford bro at pingtrip.com
Fri Feb 10 15:47:59 PST 2017

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 6:43 PM, Deshmukh, Andy <deshmukh at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> In my case only 5 instances are running per NIC; cannot run 10/NIC as it crashes. I modified the lb_procs to 5 in node.cfg.
> However, I am not seeing any packet forwarded or dropped. Do you see that on the running instances ?

I can get 10 instances to run on the x520 if I comment out the IGB worker in node.cfg. I’m wondering if the issue has to due with memory allocations done when the netmap kernel module loads. Do we need to tweak them in modprobe.d to account for two instances requesting X number of buffers?

"data_forward_rate_Mbps": 330.0390,
 "data_drop_rate_Mbps": 0.0000,
 "packet_forward_rate_kpps": 71.5200,
 "packet_drop_rate_kpps": 0.0000,