[Bro] Bro Script not working

Weasel, Gary W Jr CIV DISA RE (US) gary.w.weasel2.civ at mail.mil
Fri Feb 17 09:34:39 PST 2017

Greetings all,

I've written a custom Bro script that supposed to output a new log, but for some reason it simply refuses to create new output log.  I developed and wrote my script using http://try.bro.org, and it works beautifully there.  But for some reason when I move it over to an actual Bro instance, it just doesn't produce anything.  I get no errors, no warnings, and no outputs, and I'm certain the script is getting loaded.

Can anyone provide any input into any pitfalls I may be hitting here?

v/r
Gary