[Bro] Using native PF_RING plugin with broctl

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Feb 27 11:47:35 PST 2017

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 2:19 PM, Gary Faulkner <gfaulkner.nsm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When you built Bro did you also configure/make/make install the pf_ring
> plugin? My recollection is that the plugins are not automatically built
> when you build bro. They should be in the
> <path-to-bro-source>/aux/plugins/ in the source tree. They typically
> install into <path-to-bro>/lib/bro/plugins/.

Are there people out there that are using the pf_ring plugin to successfully load balance traffic?  I just checked the source to that plugin and I don't see where it sets up a load balanced ring. (I haven't worked on this plugin at all)

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/