[Bro] Syntax and Semantics message Broccoli

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Jan 3 02:35:19 PST 2017

Hi Alberto,

the messages that are exchanged are basically Bro events. So you can
send/receive any kind of data that you can usually send/receive in Bro
events (with a small number of exceptions that you will probably not care
about - I don't think that broccoli supports opaques, e.g.).

The best way get started at this is probably to look at the test folder in
broccoli, which has a few C programs and Bro scripts that exchange data.

Note that there also is a newer communication library (named Broker) that
can be used to do basically the same job - the API is not quite finished
yet though, but at some point of time you might have to port things over
to it.

Johanna