[Bro] Bro cluster requirements and manager logging backlog bug

Azoff, Justin S jazoff at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:46:09 PST 2017

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 10:31 AM, Hovsep Levi <hovsep.sanjay.levi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok.  Do you know offhand what file I would look into to make that change ?   Also, after creating multiple loggers how would I make each one disable local logging and instead use a kafka export ?

Someone that does this now using the kafka plugin could answer better, but I think it's a matter of using a small script.  The kafka plugin comes with a script like this:

event bro_init() &priority=-5
{
    for (stream_id in Log::active_streams)
    {
        if (stream_id in Kafka::logs_to_send)
        {
            local filter: Log::Filter = [
                $name = fmt("kafka-%s", stream_id),
                $writer = Log::WRITER_KAFKAWRITER,
                $config = table(["stream_id"] = fmt("%s", stream_id))
            ];

            Log::add_filter(stream_id, filter);
        }
    }
}

I think you would change it to be something like

event bro_init() &priority=-5
{
    for (stream_id in Log::active_streams)
    {
            local filter: Log::Filter = [
                $name = fmt("kafka-%s", stream_id),
                $writer = Log::WRITER_KAFKAWRITER,
                $config = table(["stream_id"] = fmt("%s", stream_id))
            ];

            Log::remove_default_filter(stream_id)

--
- Justin Azoff