[Bro] Comparing file details and connection details at the same time

Keith Lehigh klehigh at iu.edu
Thu Jan 12 16:13:23 PST 2017

Specifically for x509 certificates, you might want to look at the x509_certificate event, which includes the connection details & the parsed certificate fields in one handy event.

The “misc/dump-events” script is invaluable for examining packet captures to figure out what events fire and what data is available for a given event.

bro -r some.pcap misc/dump-events

- Keith