[Bro] Get the license usage down in Splunk when indexing Bro logs

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 11 08:03:26 PDT 2017

Well if you are collecting net flows and conn.logs, you could get rid of one. If you are recapturing syslogs with Bro and sending them to Splunk, you could trim duplication there. If you are finding a ton of certificate information in your bro logs, you might realize some cost savings there. But I don’t have much advice beyond don’t send the same info twice and look for large amounts of data that you don’t really use in Splunk, like maybe certificates.