[Bro] Get the license usage down in Splunk when indexing Bro logs

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:14:38 PDT 2017

We only do filtering on conn logs, as they are the heaviest (in our
environment at least), before indexing it in Splunk.
Also, if you are ingesting files.log as well, then you can build some
similar filters in props and transforms for the
mime-type you can ignore (like plain/text etc), that will also reduce some
of the volume indexed by your Splunk cluster.
I do not know much about the cloud deployment, hence can't comment on that.

Regards,
Fatema.