[Bro] Get the license usage down in Splunk when indexing Bro logs

Mike Eriksson mike at swedishmike.org
Wed Jul 12 23:53:04 PDT 2017

Fatema,

Many thanks yet again.

Just for your comparison - here's the top 12 from our current files.log,
which is about 50 minutes old and about to rotate out.

1271142 application/pkix-cert
 182904 text/plain
  54187 text/json
  49992 application/xml
  46694 text/html
  30609 -
  19430 image/png
   9421 image/jpeg
   4778 image/gif
   3664 application/x-dosexec
   3049 text/ini
   1304 application/vnd.ms-cab-compressed

Getting rid of just the 'application/pkix-cert' would probably save us lots
of license here so your tip is really good.

Cheers, Mike