[Bro] strategies for ingesting large number of PCAP files

M. Aaron Bossert mabossert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:14:41 PDT 2017

This is not for Metron...I am doing something different...research...I
could see the read from a directory approach, but unfortunately, I cannot
control the file naming scheme nor can I be certain the "last-modified"
timestamp will be entirely reliable.  That is why I was trying to deal with
the packets and their respective timestamps directly...

I write code in Scala/Java, and Perl, but never have written anything in
Python...which is also a hurdle I will have to deal with...(but am willing
to deal with if needed)