[Bro] Reminder BroCon CFP expires Friday!

Dopheide, Jeannette M jdopheid at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 6 09:23:15 PDT 2017

Are you planning on presenting at BroCon this year? The Call for Presentations expires on Friday!

**************************

BroCon ’17 is accepting presentation proposals. We are looking for talks to represent the many applications of Bro. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:

  *   as a tool for solving problems;
  *   interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects;
  *   a postmortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Bro’s contribution;
  *   the value Bro brings to your professional work;
  *   and, using Bro for more than intrusion detection.
  *   Please, no product presentations

Criteria for evaluating proposals include whether the topic is applicable to multiple types of organizations, gives people ideas to take home and use, can be understood by a broad audience, or is novel to many in the audience. Scrolling through our YouTube Channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/BroPlatform/playlists> may provide some insight into the types of presentations we wish to feature. Plan on limiting your talk to 30-35 minutes with an additional 10 minutes for questions/comments.

Send abstracts (max 500 words) to: info at bro.org<mailto:info at bro.org>
Subject: BroCon 2017 Call for Presentations
Submission due date: Friday, June 9th
Target date for announcing speakers: Friday June 30th

CFPs are selected by the Bro Leadership Team:

  *   Johanna Amann<http://www.icir.org/johanna>, International Computer Science Institute
  *   Seth Hall<http://www.icir.org/seth>, International Computer Science Institute
  *   Keith Lehigh, Indiana University
  *   Vern Paxson<http://www.icir.org/vern>, University of California at Berkeley
  *   Michal Purzynski, Mozilla Foundation
  *   Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
  *   Adam Slagell<http://www.slagell.info/>, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
  *   Robin Sommer<http://www.icir.org/robin>, International Computer Science Institute
  *   Martin van Hensbergen, Fox-IT

------