[Bro] HTTPS Decryption

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Jun 13 10:05:57 PDT 2017

Oh - sorry, I misunderstood the question. In any case - no, as far as I
know, no one has done exactly what I said in the original thread
(stripping encryption while keeping the framing intact). That would need
modifications to Bro; nothing changed since the thread you linked to.

I don't jnow viewssld; if it outputs just a decrypted HTTP stream, Bro
will pick it up by itself. There are a number of people that just use Bro
behind a SSL terminator, which is kind of similar conceptually. If it
outputs some other format, you will have to adjust the Bro protocol
parsers.

Johanna