[Bro] feeding bro cluster with parameters without restarting it

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Thu Mar 2 07:13:59 PST 2017

> On Mar 2, 2017, at 5:45 AM, william de ping <bill.de.ping at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am also now reading about PYBROKER.
>
> Can anyone provide me with an example of how can I use PYBROKER and a python script to update a table inside a running bro cluster (bro workers to be exact) ?

There is still ongoing work on the upcoming config framework which will enable dynamic reconfiguration of lots of parts of Bro.  We built it within Corelight and an initial implementation has already been pushed into a branch in the Bro repository but it's going to be improved before being merged into master.

I would still recommend playing with pybroker if you're interested in it though.  If you can solve a point solution more easily and quickly for yourself you shouldn't let upcoming yet imcomplete work stop you! :)

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * seth at corelight.com * www.corelight.com