[Bro] BROKER enable fails

william de ping bill.de.ping at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 03:20:14 PST 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to send my bro cluster some messages via pybroker.

On the bro side I run the a.bro script and I get the following error :
line 12: value used but not set (Broker::enable)
line 13: value used but not set (Broker::listen)

Is there anything else I should load to get this script working ?
Any ideas about the source of the problem ?

here is a.bro :

@load base/frameworks/broker

module test;

const broker_port: port = 9999/tcp &redef;redef
exit_only_after_terminate = T;redef Broker::endpoint_name =
"listener";
event bro_init()
	{
	Broker::enable();
	Broker::listen(broker_port, "127.0.0.1");
	}
event Broker::incoming_connection_established(peer_name: string)
	{
	print "Broker::incoming_connection_established", peer_name;
	}
event Broker::incoming_connection_broken(peer_name: string)
	{
	print "Broker::incoming_connection_broken", peer_name;
	terminate();
	}