[Bro] Bro error: "too many values to unpack"

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:51:21 PST 2017

I usually once in a while run into an error, when I do a restart on the bro
cluster.
The restart successes but not sure what those error lines mean, as I don't
find
anything abnormal after bro cluster restarts.

Does anyone have a clue?

[fatema at mng site]$ /usr/local/bin/restart-bro
removing old policies in
/mnt/brolog/spool/installed-scripts-do-not-touch/site ...
removing old policies in
/mnt/brolog/spool/installed-scripts-do-not-touch/auto ...
creating policy directories ...
installing site policies ...
generating cluster-layout.bro ...
generating local-networks.bro ...
generating broctl-config.bro ...
generating broctl-config.sh ...
updating nodes ...
*Error: cannot create a directory on node proxy-3*
*Error: Failed to establish ssh connection to host 10.10.24.211
<http://10.10.24.211>: too many values to unpack*
stopping ...
stopping worker-1-1 ...
stopping worker-1-10 ...
stopping worker-1-11 ...
stopping worker-1-12 ... And SO ON
starting ...
starting logger ...
starting manager ...
starting proxy-1 ...
starting proxy-2 ...
starting proxy-3 ...
starting proxy-4 ...
starting worker-1-1 ...
starting worker-1-10 ...
starting worker-1-11 ... And SO ON

The restart-bro script looks something like this:

#!/bin/sh

sudo -u bro /usr/local/bro/default/bin/broctl install
sudo /usr/local/bro/bin/fix-perms
sudo -u bro /usr/local/bro/default/bin/broctl restart
sudo /usr/local/bro/bin/restart-bro-dependents

Thanks,
Fatema.