[Bro] BROKER + CLUSTER - stuck (Mike Dopheide)

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:26:49 PST 2017

There were bro processes running before I used deploy cmd ( manager acts as
Proxies-4, logger as well as manager, so around 5-6 bro processes run on
manager machine).

When I ran stop+check+install+start, all the bro processes stopped properly
(atleast that's what console output said), and it hung on check.

After restoring the working cluster, I ran 'broctl check' on manager just
to see what it does when run standalone, while the cluster is running:
it just never completed, and turned out, after couple of minutes, that the
manager started swapping and hung, so I had to run 'sudo kill -9 bro'
to get back the hold of machine, then restarted bro normally by doing a
'install and restart'.. :/

Thanks,
Fatema.