[Bro] Disabling an analyzer in weird

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Fri Mar 10 13:22:49 PST 2017

Thanks Jan,

I got this to fly with disabling the analyzer, but as I look at the
weird.log there are several items I'd like to filter out.  For example:

dns_unmatched_msg
inappropriate_FIN

and others.  I've looked at the code snippet as shown below:

function http_only(rec: Conn::Info) : bool
    {
    # Record only connections with successfully analyzed HTTP traffic
    return rec?$service && rec$service == "http";
    }

event bro_init()
    {
    local filter: Log::Filter = [$name="http-only", $path="conn-http",
                                 $pred=http_only];
    Log::add_filter(Conn::LOG, filter);
    }

and, as usual when I stare at bro code snippets, I'm completely lost.  I
get that the above creates a new log and only http from conn.log, but I
have no idea how to tweak this to filter out things from weird.log.
I've looked at:

http://try.bro.org/#/?example=logs-filter-logs
http://blog.bro.org/2012/02/filtering-logs-with-bro.html
https://www.bro.org/development/projects/logging-api.html

I see a lot of these are about splitting into new logs or filtering out
fields...none of which I want to do.  Any additional guidance on
negating entries from logs would be excellent.  Thank you...bro always
makes me feel stupid 8-/

James