[Bro] Best way to autostart local BRO on Mac OS X

Drew Dixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Mon Mar 13 13:32:55 PDT 2017

Is there some reason you want to make it more complicated by using
plist's/launchd/launchctl etc.?

Why not just use a good ol' cron job on your Mac, should work just fine.
FYI the standard bro cron job to clean bro up periodically will autostart
bro if it's not running AFAIK...

*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/broctl cleanup

or if 5 minutes on boot is too long after you boot up make it more frequent
replacing the 5 with a 2 or test to see if the following works in your
crontab as expected (on boot):

@reboot /usr/local/bin/broctl deploy

Hope this helps,

-Drew