[Bro] is vlan bpf broken in bro

erik clark philosnef at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:50:50 PDT 2017

Ive actually tried this with stock libpcap, and have the same results. I
just checked an ixgbe nic I have laying around, and I get the same results,
without any option to set rxvlan...

>From the various boxes I have tried so far (e1000e, ixgbe, vmxnet3), all of
these exhibit the same filtering problem with vlans. Maybe netmap can
handle it, but it doesnt appear that libpcap (pf_ring or not) can properly
handle vlan filtering... Since we are going with af_packet, netmap is
unfortunately off the table.