[Bro] Bro for embedded use?

anant garg garg.anant at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:46:05 PDT 2017

Hi Jordi,

I am trying to run bro on Octeon 2 (from Cavium) network processor
with 32 cores. I saw your post that you were able to run it on this
processor.
I am having some challenges to compile it for simple executive. Can
you help provide some insight on how to compile it for Simple
executive and hows your memory and throughput number are looking ?
My assumption is since bro is monolithic and has lot of dependencies,
it would result in large memory footprints and may not be able to
achieve even ~1gbps.

-Anant