[Bro] Connections in conn.log

Marcin Nawrocki marcin.nawrocki at fu-berlin.de
Fri May 19 10:21:36 PDT 2017

Hello bro community,

are all connection attempts recorded in conn.log? Let us assume I am
monitoring interface eth0, will I see every connection in this log file ...

   * ...independent of the transport layer protocol (udp,tcp,mptcp...)
and its properties (ports)
   * ...independent of firewalls like iptables blocking incoming packets
on eth0
   * ...independent of firewalls like iptables forwarding incoming
packets on eth0 to special targets like NFQUEUE and libnetfilter_queue

Regards, Marcin