[Bro] Documentation and getting started.

Sniper daniel_aka_sniper_d at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:49:10 PDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

Is there reference page on all the default installation directory
locations are by any chance? $PREFIX just makes it a very long process
establishing where all the files are located. If not, I think this would
be excellent for beginners like me.

Also, I have created a bridge interface that I want to monitor using
ubuntu/bro by connecting two hosts, for some reason I can't seem to
generate any logs in /usr/local/bro/logs/ (no 'current' folder when bro
is started as in the documentation). Is this even possible to monitor a
bridge interface using bro on the same host? I have already changed
node.cfg interface to br0.

There are no tutorials nowhere on how to actually get started, tried to
follow the instructions but still no luck, ive been wasting days on
this. If someone could point me in the right direction i'll greatly
appreciate it.

Kind regards

Daniel

---