[Bro] Documentation and getting started.

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 16 12:20:28 PDT 2017

Hi Daniel:

Check this link for info on
​ ​
the bro directory structure that may help you: https://www.bro.org/sphinx/
install/release-notes.html#script-organization

​As far as monitoring a bridged interface, there should be no problem, as
long as bro can access the interface.  ​If you're not running as root, see:
https://www.bro.org/documentation/faq.html#how-can-i-capture-packets-as-an-unprivileged-user

Does tcpdump provide expected output when run against br0?

Hope this helps,

Jim