[Bro] Documentation and getting started.

Sniper daniel_aka_sniper_d at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 17 06:38:29 PDT 2017

Hello Jim,

Thanks a lot just what I needed, trying to search for everything just takes up too much time.

Running as root is just sudo -s then broclt right or do I need to change it as stated in that link you sent me?
No tcpdump does not work against br0 but it runs agains eth0 and eth1. I have assigned a IP address to br0, is this even required? I tried to use OpenBSD to accomplish a network tap but brconfig that configures the bridge is not in the operating system for some reason. I gett an error saying its not recognised, after many hours of searching I couldn't find a solution.

Linux is a pain in the backside, it takes up soo much time trying to find solutions to problems.

This is my layout, I have put everything on the same subnet to just to get things started.

VM ethernet adapter(my PC)
192.168.10.5 - no gateway

Ubuntu (Bro/Bridge)
br0 192.168.10.1 - no gateway