[Bro] Fwd: Other log files besides conn.log

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 17 15:55:46 PDT 2017

​Hi Therenca:

You could add this to local.bro:

@load policy/protocols/conn/mac-logging

However, unless you're actually directly monitoring inside the border of a
subnet, the host MAC address will not be seen, but the MAC addresses of the
routers, so this may not be too useful.

Depending on your network topology, dhcp.log might have some information on
the mapping.  You could also check your DHCP server's logs, which should
have the information you need.

Hope this helps,

Jim