[Bro] bro 2.5.2 not compatible with PF_RING 7.0.0

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Tue Oct 31 05:03:02 PDT 2017

On 31 Oct 2017, at 5:28, Bowen Li wrote:

>     Recently, I use bro-2.5.2 with PF_RING-7.0.0, but there is a
> problem
> when I do bro source code configure, it seems that bro cannot detect
> new
> version of PF_RING, here is the log:
>
> Looking for pcap_get_pfring_id - not found.

I just checked their source code and it appears that that function still
exists in their libpcap wrapper.  I'm not sure that the correct libpcap
is being checked for pf_ring support.  What was your full configure
command and where is pf_ring 7.0 installed?

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com