[Bro] Bro behind a TLS reverse proxy

Brandon Sterne brandon.sterne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:52:02 PDT 2018

Thank you for responding. I have a simplified testcase that doesn't require
nginx:

[shell1]$ sudo tcpdump -s 0 -i lo -w lo-port-80.pcap "port 80"
[shell2]$ sudo python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80
[shell3]$ curl localhost
[shell1]$ ^C
[shell1]$ tshark -t ud -r lo-port-80.pcap

Note the timestamps for any SYN-ACK packets in the captured streams.

Cheers,
Brandon