[Bro] Signatures on upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Mon Apr 23 13:16:25 PDT 2018

On 4/23/18 2:38 PM, Carl Rotenan wrote:

> I'm upgrading a system from from 2.4 to 2.5 and have a question about
> signatures. I'm getting an error under 2.5 when I try implementing my
> 2.4 signatures:
>
> error: Error in signature (/opt/bro/share/bro/foo/./signatures.sig:654):
> rule defined twice

Have you checked if the name of the rule on line 654 of that file
conflicts with the name of a rule provided in one of Bro's *.sig files ?

If it does, then renaming it should be straightforward (if the signature
generates an event whose name also now conflicts with an event in Bro,
you may need to change that also).

- Jon