[Bro] smb_files.log, logstash, and kibana

Patrick Kelley patrick.kelley at criticalpathsecurity.com
Tue Aug 7 07:36:14 PDT 2018

We're not really solving Erik's problem by recommending a switch to json.
If anything, it aggravates the situation as it will throw additional logs
entry failures on one of the noisiest protocols analyzed.

This activity causes a parsing issue.

The field output from the smb protocol scripts will have to rewrite the
field name.  I've done this in the past with NB, but I don't recall the
exact details.

I'll see what I can rundown from my notes.