[Bro] Some questions about bro-2.5.4 cluster configuration

wangdj at ffcs.cn wangdj at ffcs.cn
Wed Aug 8 18:40:30 PDT 2018

Hi,

Sorry for the last mail without title. I edit this mail agian.
I encounter two questions when do cluster configuration with bro-2.5.4. Could you please help me to answer it?

The first question:
This page: https://www.bro.org/sphinx/configuration/index.html gives the instruction about how to configure the node.cfg file on manager host. But do not give an example of node.cfg/networks.cfg of a worker/proxy host which is an another machine. Could you please give me some instructions about this?

The second question:
After start broctl, I run start command and found wroker was crashed. start command message is as following:
[BroControl] > start
starting logger ...
starting manager ...
starting proxy-1 ...
starting worker-1 ...
starting worker-2 ...
(worker-2 still initializing)
(worker-1 still initializing)

The following is the error message of "diag worker-1". The error message tells me libstdc++.so.6 does not support GLIBCXX_3.4.19 or GLIBCXX_3.4.15. But in fact, it supports.
/home/wangdejin/mybro/bin/bro: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.19' not found (required by /home/wangdejin/mybro/bin/bro)
/home/wangdejin/mybro/bin/bro: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /home/wangdejin/mybro/bin/bro)

The following message shows the GLIBCXX version that libstdc++.so.6 supports.
[root at 4A_secsom2 bin]# strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep "GLIBCXX"
GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

my OS is CentOS release 6.4 (Final). I really do not know what it happens.

Look forward to your reply. Thank you!

wangdj at ffcs.cn