[Bro] BRO with PF_Ring multiplies log records

Mark Buchanan mabuchan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:19:53 PDT 2018

If you have a p2p2 interface, does that mean that card is a Myricom card?
 Have you loaded any of the SNF (Sniffer 10g+ drivers up)?   I'm very
familiar with those, but I've observed that to be the interface on
occaisions.   If so, I'm not sure how PF_RING, Myrcom/SNF and Bro play
together.

Mark

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu>
wrote:

> > On Aug 10, 2018, at 7:44 AM, Yasha Levin <ee-berry at yandex.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Mark, thanks for your response
> >
> > I've tried setting PFRINGClusterID as you advised. Unfortunately that
> hasn't changed anything - I still see that each event is multiplied by
> number of processes (x4 in my case). So each flow hits all the processes,
> with no actual balancing between them.
> >
> > Anything else I could check?
>
> Can you confirm that
>
>     broctl config | grep pfring
>
> outputs something like
>
> pfringclusterid = 21
> pfringclustertype = 4-tuple
>
> There was a problem with this configuration the bro-pf_ring plugin, but I
> got that fixed last September.
> Did you install the plugin recently?
>

>> Justin Azoff

Mark Buchanan